Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

New Adventures


Just in case you weren't aware, this past weekend was the 2010 CrossFit Games in LA at the Home Depot Center. Unfortunately, due to my class schedule, I wasn't able to go and watch this year. But I did get to watch all of the action on their live-stream (thank you internet!) and it was truly inspiring. Watching those amazing athletes in action confirmed how badly I would like to make it to that level someday. For the past 6 weeks, I have been on a bit of a hiatus from CrossFit. I was training so much for Sectionals and Regionals that I decided I needed an "off-season". This summer, with my class schedule, my bootcamps, helping at the CrossFit Gym, and helping out with the fam, things are a little crazy and in order to preserve my sanity I have backed off on my training to spend more time on other things. Well, looks like all those good intentions are going out the window! I've got a fire inside and I'm ready to get to it! Now one of my biggest weaknesses as far as CrossFit is concerned is my running, so this past week I signed up for the Disney Princess Half-Marathon and just to make things a little more fun, I also signed up for my very first triathlon! I figure the only way to get better at the endurance part of my sport is to train for it and there's nothing like a race or competition to keep you motivated! This will be a whole new set of adventures for me. I have run one half-marathon before, but I did not train for it very well. This time things will be different (and I'll get to run through Cinderella's Castle!) So for now, I am trying to figure out how to train for a tri, a half-marathon, and the 2011 CrossFit Games! All I know is that it should be fun! I'll let you know how it goes, till then........here's to new adventures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment