Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Progress

After attending the Form3 Women's World Tour, I got to work on my new goals. This really isn't anything new. I've set goals for myself twice before and guess what....I didn't accomplish any of them and after the Form3 Event I finally knew why. I never developed a plan on how to achieve my goals. I had them written out in 3, 6 and 12 month increments but I never broke down my 3 month goals into anything beyond that, 3 month goals, which means I had no road-map, no plan, no checklist with which to accomplish them. All that has changed! I now have a weekly checklist on my refrigerator which tells me exactly what I need to do each week to accomplish my 3 month goals.
Last week was the first week that I implemented this new plan and I found out some interesting things. One, having the list is FANTASTIC. The other night I was looking at my list before bed and realized that I had forgotten to do something, so I hopped on the internet and did it and checked it off my list! Two, even with a list, I was unable to accomplish everything that I had set my mind to last week. I did not complete my mandatory 3 mobility WOD's or work on Handstand Push Ups enough among other things. I don't consider this a failure though. Having the list makes me realize which items I tend to put off...hello mobility!....and makes me even more focused this week to check everything off! I've got my to-do list...where's yours? What are you going to accomplish this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment