Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Hold On

"I can't remember all the times I've tried to tell myself to hold on to these moments as they pass..."-Adam Duritz.

This is probably one of my favorite quotes. It doesn't hurt that it's from my favorite band of all time, Counting Crows. But besides that, it has such a powerful message. I know that I have written a million times that I have resolved to blog more and every night I put it off, and the next thing I know, I've blinked and it's June! I feel like in the past four months I have been swimming, swimming, swimming and haven't had a chance to come up for air yet. When life gets crazy like that, it's easy to let things pass you by, but tonight, I am taking a moment to hold on...

Here's a little recap on what's happened in the past four months.

1) CrossFit Games South Central Regionals 2012:
This year, CrossFit Katy took San Antonio by storm! Our team entered the South Central Regionals ranked 12th after our performance as a gym in the CrossFit Games Open. At the end of the weekend we emerged in 8th place! It was an amazing weekend and I am so grateful to be a part of such an incredible gym. This year left me proud of what I was able to accomplish and motivated to become an even better athlete and teammate!


2) Neal and I got engaged!
After a little over three years together, Neal surprised me on bended knee at the Houstonian on a mini "stay-cation" weekend. We celebrated with a sushi dinner and took in a Radiohead concert (Neal's favorite). The date is set for October 2013 and I'm sure I'll have a lot more to post about it as the time gets closer.

3) We're in the process of expanding the gym....again!
Yep, CrossFit Katy is about to go to 5200sq feet which is incredible! The new space will allow us to change even more lives by bringing the best fitness program in Katy to more people and our current members can enjoy more space, more equipment and a continued devotion to bringing out the best in all of them!

4) I have a new baby sister!
Orli Leal Goldstein was born on May 17th which means there are now 7 combined Goldstein/Ramsey/Peitsch kiddos in this melting pot of a family! Pretty awesome and more than just a little bit crazy!

5) Neal and I may finally be moving into a house!
Yep, as long as all goes well on Tuesday with our inspection, Neal and I will enter the scary and exciting new world of homeownership! This is one of the most exciting things on my mind right now because it marks such an enormous step for us as a family. I am so proud of what Neal has accomplished in these last four years. I doubt that many people know how hard he has worked to get this far. And though I have been an integral part in growing the gym, I feel that I have been able to do so much more of the "fun stuff" while he has shouldered the burden of the actual business decisions. Words cannot describe how much I love him and how proud I am of him.

Wow! That list is pretty crazy. It's hard to believe that all of this has happened in less than 6 months! 2012 has been one incredible year so far. It's half way over and I hope to accomplish just as much in the next 6 months. Glad I took the time to stop, reflect, and hold on...

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel- I realized I kept saying "when things slow down"..only to realize they never do!! I'm glad we still find time to hang out with everything else going on :)

    ReplyDelete