Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nutrition Follow-Up


Well, It's only been a week but I am officially a convert when it comes to post-workout nutrition. Last week I was able to workout 4 days in a row and work on skill work/lifting on my 5th and 6th days. I know that an ideal CrossFit workout schedule is a 3 on 1 off schedule but I couldn't help getting in those extra days because I was just feeling great. So far, I have been using one scoop of Isopure Zero Carb Protein powder mixed with water after any kind of heavy/short workout or after a lifting skill set. On the longer Met-Con days, I have been using one scoop of Isopure Zero Carb protein powder with coconut water for the electrolytes. On Saturday (my 6th day) I did two hours of snatch practice and did not take anything afterwards and I was feeling it later that night and into Sunday. Now, I'm not 100% sure if the reason I was so sore was because I didn't do any kind of post-workout nutrition or if it was just because I am changing up my snatch technique and the new moves pointed out all my weaknesses, but regardless, that was the only time I felt extremely sore this whole week so I will continue with my post-workout protein shakes for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment