Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's 2011


Happy Happy New Year!
This year went out with a bang at the Bayou City CrossFit New Year's Eve Party at the Omni Hotel! It was a great evening with fun, friends and plenty of dancing.....and maybe one too many vodka sodas! ;-)
I've spent this first day of 2011 thinking about all of the things I'd like to accomplish this year. I don't really like the idea of Resolutions. Resolutions have a tendency to be too broad, unmeasurable, and not specific enough...you know where that's headed don't you? This year, instead of making a list of random resolutions, I'm making goals....specific goals. I've done a post in the past that talks about goals and how to set them...and yes I even made some goals, accomplished some, but let far too many slip away. For 2011, I've decided to start from scratch. So here it is folks.
Remember from my previous goals post....goals need to be S.M.A.R.T. That is goals need to be:

Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Realistic
Time-Bound

I'm not going to post and discuss all my goals. There are many and I've divided them into 3, 6, and 12 month goals. I have them typed up and posted in my apartment where I can look at them every day. One goal though that I will share with everyone is that I am taking on another Whole 30 this month. The over-indulgence of the holidays is officially over and I think the best way to kick start my healthy year and detox from all the crap I have eaten over the past two months is by going headfirst into a Whole 30. I am also very excited to be able to attend the new Whole 9 Life Nutrition Seminar this month at CrossFit West Houston. Since I've already completed one Whole 30, I think this go-round will be a lot easier and I have a few tweaks this time that I will be playing with that I did not play with last time which included limiting my fruit intake and nut/nut butter intake.
Today was an excellent start to my Whole 30, I slept in until noon....(damn vodka!) so lunch for me today was two pieces of natural bacon and two eggs. I had raisins for a snack and dinner tonight is going to be stuffed butternut squash.....this recipe is Fantastic!
I encourage each and every one of you to make your own 2011 goals. It's never too late to get in shape, eat healthy, save more money, show more love....set those goals and go get them!

No comments:

Post a Comment